Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

What Is My Passion Thursday: Meet Carmela Argueta, Make-up Artist




Carmela Argueta is a certified freelance makeup artist in the greater Los Angeles area. She has years of experience in television, film, music videos and photography including the cover of Dub Magazine. Also, red carpet events such as the Oscars. Carmela is a blessed wife and mother of two children.

Before she became a certified make up artist she worked many years in retail management.  Carmela had to put her passion on hold for over six years to start a family and buy a home. 

She sacrificed her dream for a long time and what was really hard about it was constantly hearing from people she knew and just met asking her why are you not a make up artist.

Carmela quotes,
"Honestly the only reason I ended up really going  back to pursuing my dream was because I was laid off from my job of six years. Then I had a " what do I wanna Do when I grow up" moment lol. My husband encouraged me to pursue my dream."

Carmela advises those who are fearful to Take A Leap to just believe and have faith. It is scary at first but stay focused on the dream. Network with people who are doing what you want to do and pick their brains. Most of all.... Have patience!! 


Carmela's contact info is as follows:

Carmela Argueta did Sharee and I make-up last year for the 85th Annual Academy Awards (The Oscars) but did not walk the red carpet. This Sunday, March 2nd, Carmela will be on the red carpet for The Oscars. We are so proud of her!!

Do you have people telling you that you are not living your purposeful life? We would love to read your comments.

Rhonda W. & Sharee W.

No comments:

Post a Comment