Search This Blog

Saturday, June 29, 2013

What Do You Really Want Out of Life?

Early in life I learned that dreams and big ideas belong to you, and that you don't have to make excuses to have them.  There will be people that will doubt you.  People that don't understand what you are trying to accomplish.  Or obstacles that may seem impossible to overcome.  Where ever you are in life, it's important to know what you really want out of life.

I know what I want, and I go for it everyday in the knowledge I seek and actions I take.  I want my spiritual life to grow.  I want to improve my overall health and wellness.  I want to develop meaningful relationships with family and friends.  I want to live out loud the real meaning of Take A Leap in a new career and new travel adventures.  I want Take A Leap to be more than a webshow, travel blog, and career mentoring program, I want it to be a way of life.

In recent weeks, family members have shared with me that their employer will be closing business.  One will be within the next three months.  The other has ten months, but may take advantage of an early retirement package.  I share these two incidents because it speaks highly of the concept of Take A Leap.  Will they seek a new career? Relocate to another company facility? Take a long needed vacation?  Time will tell, but as the date gets closer to the closing of their respective company facilities, the question of what they really want out of life is ever more pertinent.

So I go back to the initial thought of dreaming big and having big ideas.  When a big set-back happens, are your hopes and dreams dashed or is it a chance to make a new beginning for a life you really want?   

And don't forget to check out our newly published E-book as a guide to transitioning to a new career and taking advantage of travel opportunities, with great tips on financial and career planning.  The link to make a purchase is found on the top right column of this blog.  Also, the Take A Leap Career Mentoring Program Mentee and Mentor applications are available until August 31.  The program begins in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment