Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Is My Passion: Meet Regina King, A Life in Ministry

ReGina E. King is a graduate of Columbia High School and the University of South Carolina - Columbia, SC.  Soon, she will continue her education at Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA fall of 2014.  She is currently employed with the State of South Carolina, Legislative Government division of the “Education Oversight Committee” as the Media Communication Technology Coordinator. Additionally, she has been a Real Estate Professional for 10+ years and now function as Managing Partner with “The King Real Estate Group, LLC.”

Her service to the United Methodist Church and District level is: Communication Chair at Francis Burns UMC/Francis Burns United Methodist Women; Board Member and Secretary for the Burns Community Development Foundation; Communication Coordinator for the Columbia District United Methodist Women.


She recently shared with the Francis Burns UMC Women during a recent brunch about her passion and purposeful career in MINISTRY.
  
At my core, what excites me more than anything else is to bless others as God as has blessed me. Pouring into hearts and minds the joy and peace they desire from God’s Divine power and presence. Seeing people come alive in, with and through a deeper intimate relationship with our Savior is my utmost purpose. Although, I am still discerning the path God intends on directing me to build His Kingdom. My heart is leading me to Pastoral Counseling. Prior to this discovery, I considered several paths during my discovery stages of life. Some of those were teaching, law and modeling. I will resign from my job this summer to obtain my Masters of Divinity degree, pursuing a second career in Ordination of Ministry. Prayerfully, God will provide for my every need – survival needs of shelter, food and transportation.

If I can give advice to anyone wanting to "Take A Leap", it will be to rely not on your own understanding, however; but of your Divine Self to lead you into your purpose. You may face many challenges along the way but never give up – God promises in scripture “For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the Lord, ‘plans for well-being and not for trouble, to give you a future and a hope.!” [Jeremiah 29:11 New Life Version (NLV)] If you don't have hope - faith has no job...your faith can not work without hope. Faith is the substance of what is hoped for...


My motto in life is: Anything less than your Best in NOT Enough…Your Best will always be Sufficient!

You can contact ReGina at reginaeking@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment