Search This Blog

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Blessings to Others

I'm writing this blog post a day after attending my aunt's homegoing service.  As the matriarch of the family after my grandmother's death 10 years ago, she was "momma, granny, sister, auntie, cousin, friend".  She was a blessing in my life, and will be thoroughly missed in our family and in the Alvin, SC community.  As I reflect on the last few visits I had with her during her illness (the doctor gave her a few weeks, but she outlasted more than 9 months), she was most impressed with our love of traveling.  She enjoyed hearing about our past international trips and our upcoming trip to Los Angeles. She has never been on a plane, and I fondly recall her laughing so hard when I told her that flying above the clouds was like being in heaven. I'm sure she'll be looking down on us at the Oscar's Red Carpet, beaming with pride and laughter. She's finally made it above the clouds.

I'm also writing this blog after posting a video on our YouTube Channel of one of my students. She's currently fundraising for a 19-day European trip this upcoming July.  My goal is to personally help her raise $1000. My sister and I have paid for her Passport fees, and she is still in need of funds to pay for her tuition and travel spending money. Please view the video, and if you are interested in donating or have fundraising ideas, please contact us via weconnectedprod@gmail.com so that we can forward a personal letter from Tamia, and to whom and where you can send donations.

So as I end this post, a few days before Rhonda and I head to Los Angeles, I'm constantly reminded of being a blessings to others. Whether it's a loved one or a stranger, find the time to help someone in need.  It doesn't take much time at all. It can be a phone call to let someone know you are thinking of them, offering a few words of encouragement, or giving a few dollars to help make a dream come true.  As you seek out opportunities to Take A Leap, also find the time to be a blessing to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment