Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Holstee Manifesto

I posted a blog earlier in the month with a quote from an unknown author. Now easily, I could have gone to Google to find the answer, but I wanted "divine" intervention to provide it. Or at least one of the readers of my blog. And that's what happened, but in a round-about-way. Funny story how it came about. 


I was seeking more votes for WCP, LLC in the Chase and LivingSocial Mission: Small Business $250K Grant contest. One of the companies I voted for and requested a return favor was Holstee in NYC.  Not knowing it was the Holstee that brought about the Holstee Manifesto, I liked the company. A few days later I was strolling through my Facebook page, and came across their page with the quote The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”with the name of the author....St. Augustine.  I immediately went to their Facebook account and connected to their primary website.  It was there that the connection rang a bell.  I read the Holstee Manifesto a little more than year ago when I started reading travel blogs.  Many of the bloggers would post it as inspiration.  I've attached a photo of the Holstee Manifesto below as a reference. 


To make this story ever so extraordinary, I mean how could my day get any better, right? I surfed through their website and came across MyLife.  It's a section of their website where people can blog/post stories about how their lives have been effected by the Holstee Manifesto.  So I submitted a story in the travel section, and low and behold, within 24 hours, it got published. Here's the link: MyLife Holstee Manifesto

No comments:

Post a Comment